Monday, July 19, 2010

Sneak Peak - new knife blocks!

It's been a very busy few months and a lot has been happening. I'm very excited to announce that the new Artisan Knife Blocks are progressing and I can provide a sneak peak of a couple that will be initially available in extremely limited numbers. If you are interested, let me know - only 3 Black Pearl remain from the initial sheet I'm using and there are 5 in the oyster.

Feedback (positive and negative) and suggestions for other colours are most welcome!



Before and After

I love seeing the before and after shots where talented people renovate old furniture or even rooms. Yes, I admit that I am more than slightly addicted to the reno shows on Foxtel. I thought I'd show our latest addition which my boyfriend did after the recent council clean up. As you can see, we found it left out for rubbish collection, carried it home and after a lot of sanding, he stained it a dark walnut which brought out the wood grain. We're not sure but think it's a piece from the 70's (due to the funky square knobs that were attached and which we will use on something else - wall art perhaps??!!). It is now the piece which is shaping the rest of our unit...next on the list, the dining and coffee tables....







No comments: